Friday, April 3, 2015

Still dreaming

April 3rd 2015...... It is a Friday, and a holiday for that matter. It is good Friday the day when Christians all over the world celebrate the death and resurrection of the Messiah. Jesus Christ died on the cross at Calvary and on the third day He rose from the death. You see, I was raised by a devout Christian mother who taught me all these things. I am not leaving them. I am a believer. I woke up with a heavy heart. Even though we are celebrating the shedding of blood at Calvary more than 2000 years ago, Kenya my beloved country experienced a bloodbath yesterday in Garissa. One hundred and forty seven innocent university students had their lives cut short when terrorists invaded their college and opened fire indiscriminately. I can just imagine the terror that gripped the young men and women as they scampered for safety others still trying to wake up from deep slumber. I concur with my president, we shall not be bowed: we remain steadfast. I pledge my loyalty to the president and nation of Kenya. My readiness and duty to defend the flag of our republic.My devotion to the words of our National anthem.My life and strength in the task of our nation's building. In the living spirit embodied in our national motto- Harambee! and perpetuated in the nyayo philosophy of peace love and unity.
Growing up back in my hometown Nakuru, we said those words every Friday during parade at school. Back then they did not mean much, but now they have been stamped in my heart and I am here stumping my chest. Ready to die for my country. You see, those we fight against are not afraid of death. There is no trace of fear in their eyes. Let us all as Kenyans support our president Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, and his deputy William Samoei Ruto and the Cabinet secretary in charge of internal security retired general Joseph Nkaiserry. Honorable Nkaiserry is a Geneneral. He has this covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment