Sunday, April 5, 2015

Create In me a new heart

Sunday April 5th 2015....

The rains are here with us. They bring with them blessings and havoc at the same time. Parts of the country have been hit really badly by the floods. There are reports of people dying from floods. This is sad especially since ironically many have been waiting for the same rains so that they can plant seeds. Seeds of faith in readiness for a bumper harvest later in the year.
It has been a black Easter holiday for Kenyans. The president announced a three day mourning period. All flags will fly at half mast. This is in remembrance of the 148 Kenyans who died in one of the worst terror attacks in recent times. The president in a state of the Nation address said that Kenya remains unbowed by the terrorists. We shall remain relentless even in the face terror that has been brought to our  doorsteps. One issue that has been the talk of everyone is whether Kenya will remove its troops from Somalia. Opposition leader Raila Odinga says that The country should begin a tactful withdrawal of troops from Somalia to curb any further terrorist attacks. But some people are of the contrary opinion. Withdrawing Kenyan troops from Somalia would be tantamount to cowardice.
These are but some of the thoughts that are occupying my head as a raise from my head this wet Sunday morning. I say my morning prayers..... Fast and furious as I usually do, I think I should change this. Clothes pile on my one sofa. I have been postponing the laundry for the past two days. Today I must wash..... If I have to look smart in the week to come. As I wash the dirty clothes I say a prayer; a prayer that King David prayed to God. Psalms 51:10 David asks God to create in him a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within him. David had committed a sin that he wanted God to purge. As I wash the clothes and watch them getting clean, I pray that God would cleanse me and give me a second chance. A chance to be all that He created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment